Tacos ‘n Tequila Fiesta to be held on September 27
GREENVILLE, S.C. – Popular Upstate festival Tacos ‘n Tequila is happening next Sunday, and with added health and safety measures.
Tacos ‘n Tequila Fiesta will be held on Sunday, September 27 at the Old Cigar Warehouse in downtown Greenville. The festival also will be taking a plethora of safety precautions to best prevent the spread of COVID-19 while still allowing guests to enjoy themselves.
Some of the precautions being taken for guests:
● The event will be split into two sessions, one from noon until 3 p.m., and one from 4 p.m. until 7 p.m., to limit the capacity and allow for social distancing.
● All event attendees are asked to wear a mask that covers their nose and mouth while moving around the event. This includes waiting at check-in, visiting the taco and tequila booths, going to the restroom, etc. Don't stress though, attendees will have an assigned table where you can take your mask off as you eat.
● Event attendees will be assigned a table for their group. Everyone is encouraged to remain at their table and avoid moving around. We will provide disposable trays so you can grab food and cocktails for your table.
● Event staff will be disinfecting all high contact surfaces throughout the event. This includes restrooms, railings and doorknobs.
● All tables and chairs will be disinfected before each event session begins.
● If attendees aren't feeling well or have been exposed to COVID-19, they can request a refund as long as the request is placed 24 hours in advance of the event.
● All staff, participants and event attendees will have their temperature checked upon entrance.
● The entire event will take place outdoors.
● All restaurant participants and staff will be wearing a mask for the duration of the event.
“We’ve learned a lot about how to host a safe and responsible event in the past few months,” said High Spirits Hospitality CEO Tammy Johnson, “We’re excited to be able to go through with the festival on September 27.”
Tickets for the festival will be on sale until September 25. In addition to the above safety measures, Tacos ‘n Tequila is raising money for the Restaurant Relief Fund. The fund will be split up among the participating restaurants and go straight to them to assist with their general operating costs.
All attendees must be 21 years of age or older and have a valid ID on them to enter the fiesta. Any restaurants or bartenders who wish to participate in the 2020 Tacos ‘n Tequila Fiesta can go to www.tacotequilafiesta.com. Sponsorships, as well, are also being accepted. Those interested in sponsorship can visit www.tacotequilafiesta.com/sponsors. Tickets are on sale and can be purchased at www.tacotequilafiesta.com/