Cask Away Event brings the holiday “spirits” to Greenville
GREENVILLE, S.C. – On November 19th, welcome the holiday season with a delectable whiskey and wine pairing four course chef dinner presented by The Old Cigar Warehouse.
Produced by High Spirits Events and sponsored by Liquid Catering, Westland Distillery and The Uptown Company, Cask Away will take place from 7 p.m. through 9 p.m. with tickets available for purchase by table size. With a minimum of two and a maximum of eight, attendees will be able to choose whether they'd like their meal paired with signature Westland Distillery Whiskey cocktails, mocktails or Washington State wines.
Guests will enjoy a delicious four course meal prepared by Chef Chris Rosensteel, owner and head chef at The Uptown Company. After attending The Culinary Institute of the Carolinas, Rosensteel was involved in various food projects before becoming the head chef at The Uptown Company, a full-service catering company located in Downtown Greenville.
Chef Rosensteel was the recipient of the 2018 South Carolina Hospitality and Tourism Award as well as the 2019 Iron Caterer Throwdown Champion and 2020 runner-up. In 2019 as well as 2020, The Uptown Company has been nominated for “Best in the Upstate” in the catering division. Rosensteel takes pride in sharing his passion for fresh ingredients and innovative cooking with all the people he has a privilege to cook for.
Rosensteel has prepared a delectable menu for Cask Away.
· 1st Course: Autumn Pumpkin Agnolotti ‘Spark Your Interest’ cocktail with Westland Distillery American Oak Whiskey, Domaine de Canton, lemon juice, bitters and Prosecco
· 2nd Course: Butternut Squash Bisque ‘Smok’d and Sugar’d’ cocktail: Westland Distillery Sherry Wood Whiskey, apple cider, lemon juice, brown sugar ginger simple syrup, smoked cinnamon bitters
· 3rd Course: Whiskey Soaked NY Strip - Served with Thumbelina carrots, roasted asparagus, parsnip puree, bourbon cream sauce ‘Stateside Manhattan’ cocktail: Westland Distillery Peated Whiskey, brown sugar maple simple syrup, orange bitters, orange twist, Fabbri Amarena cherry garnish
· 4th Course: Salted Caramel Bread Pudding - Served with whiskey sauce and candied pecans ‘Slightly Toasted’ cocktail: Westland Distillery American Oak Whiskey, Cathead Hoodoo Chicory liqueur, simple syrup, black walnut bitters
The evening’s mixologist, Tammy Johnson, owner and CEO of Liquid Catering, has created and masterfully paired the Westland Whiskey cocktail recipes alongside the Chef’s dinner menu. Johnson has been slinging drinks and designing beverage menus since the inception of the specialty catering company in 2011.
“It goes without saying that many of us have been looking forward to the holidays a little extra this year,” said Johnson said. “Our team is excited to deliver this exquisite event.”
COVID-19 precautions will be taken very seriously.
· All tables will be spaced six to eight feet apart.
· All staff will be wearing masks and gloves.
· All guests are asked to wear masks on their way to their table and while moving around.
· Team members will be disinfecting thoroughly before, during and after the event.
· If you are sick, e-mail High Spirit’s Events with a doctor’s note by noon on November 19 and receive a full ticket price refund.
For more information and ticket purchase, go to https://eventsframe.com/e/tJFF3Rajm/cask-away-whiskey-wine-pairing-dinner/
About High Spirits Hospitality:
High Spirits Hospitality proudly oversees the operations of our four-independent hospitality companies – Liquid Catering, The Old Cigar Warehouse, Bravo1 Protection and High Spirits Events. Each has a unique purpose and focus, but all emphasize client satisfaction in all operations. Learn more at www.highspiritshospitality.com.